Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Monday, July 11, 2005

Oh. G-d. Stop the music. The Christian music that is. Last night I spent a good one hour frantically trying to get "Ri-ise, and shi-ine, and give G-d your glory glory" out of my mind so that I could go to sleep. I wasn't counting sheep but rather an entire zoo --"the animals they ca-ame, they came in by twosies twosies." Now it is back. Tormenting me. Michelle's life is going to be in danger if it doesn't go away. She has been singing that damn song for a week to her boyfriend on the phone, making him and me both insane. That is, of course, why she is singing it. He can hang up, I have no escape! I thought about singing her some hebrew summer camp songs in revenge but it wouldn't quite have the same effect since a foreign language is not going to get stuck in her tiny little brain and keep her awake nights. Of course, the sound of my singing might just make her leap from the window...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home