Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Netanya. We knew it couldn't last, wouldn't last, the respite in the senseless attacks. I think we all have known deep down that pulling out from Gaza will not result in peace. But I think that all of us, even those who are firmly anti-disengagement, still had hopes that if we go forward with the pullout that maybe, maybe there will be a chance for it. I feel so very sad.

I did find something to celebrate though and I have gone back several times today just to look at this beautiful little muffin -- Baby Boy Ellis just entered the world and will soon be an aliyah baby. Mazel tov to the Ellis family!

In other news, my mother informed me that she has started to attend services at a reform synagogue and has signed up for hebrew classes that will begin this fall. Thud. Ya coulda knocked me down with a feather. Why is she doing this? She is thinking Aliyah. Thud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home