Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is definitely worth giving a miss. I like Johnny Depp but I'm not wild about Michael Jackson and basically it was like watching an almost more creeped-out version of Jackson than already exists for the length of the film. Not impressed. Rent it if ya gotta see it.

My night and daytime schedules have really gotten turned upside down. I'm something of an insomniac at any rate but the incredible heat in my apartment has furthered that along exponentially. Basically it is too hot to even think about trying to sleep before about 4:30 a.m. at the very earliest. This puts me into either complete sleep deprivation if I get up at a normal time (like at 8) or, I'm sleeping in later and waking up to air that feels like a blow-dryer on high (the fan blowing hot air about) and that you could stand a popsicle stick up straight in, which results in that awful, muzzy, slept-too-late feeling. Plus, if you sleep later then you have wasted a huge part of your useable day (forget getting all those errands in!). Unfortunately, the latter has been happening more often than not this week.

I had planned to go in early tomorrow and completely or almost completely pack my office (I've already done one of the four lab rooms and half of the project room). I got an email, however, asking that I send along very detailed syllabi and bibliographies to the IDC for the two classes I'll be teaching. They need them by Sunday so tomorrow everything gets put on hold while I put those together.

Hmm, haloscan really seems to be having problems lately. I just noticed that it is saying that there are zero comments on all my posts again but the comments are there when you click on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home