Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

You know, it gets hot in Tel Aviv, really really hot but not as hot as it is my apartment. I don't think the Sahara Desert gets this hot. It has been too hot for me to even thinking of packing a box today.

I got a surprising amount of more cerebral work done today though, despite the heat. I banned myself from using the Internet after I'd done my work emails this morning and got most of one of the articles done. I should kill it off within the next day or so and then only 2 1/2 more to go. That is such a nice feeling.

Tomorrow morning I am meeting with a post-doctoral student from Ben-Gurion and am looking forward to talking with him about his experiences there, his research interests and so forth.

Thinking about Sabra and Banana --they should be somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean right now I'd think: almost HOME.

Whew, off to take my fifth get me cooler shower of the day! I'm going to be the cleanest girl in NYC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home