Wow, Sabra and her adorable kitty Banana will be arriving Home in just 12 days! Sabra is a really kewl girl from Colorado and she and I have been sharing pet advice and "how to get our cats to Israel" information for awhile. She's just started a new blog about her Aliyah journey called Banana and I. You go Sabra! I'll definitely be reading with avid attention to see how the whole settling in process is going to work!
Thursday, June 16, 2005
- Name: Yael K
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
I am not typical. I am not your typical Aliyah candidate: I'm very secular, did not grow up in a zionist household, and have no family living in Israel. I'm not what people typically think of when they hear "Jewish": I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. I am not your typical American: I speak 2 1/2 languages, used to vote democratic (and I'm originally from the South!), and the last thing I want is a house in the suburbs.
So what am I? In many ways, I'm a little bundle of contradictions. Stubborn yet not overly-opinionated (at least on most issues). Shy and reserved when I first meet someone but outgoing and bubbly once you get to know me. Practical but also fun-loving and spontaneous (in a practical kind of way, lol).
I believe that I am a kind and caring person (hey, don't we all?). I am passionate about life and fiercely protective of those I love. And I'm crazy about my
3 5 6 cats. And the 40 or so I care for on the street.
- My best friend Michelle arrived on my doorstep at ...
- A place to rest my head..
- From the mixed-up files of (Yael Kaynan?)
- Vote on the new name :)
- The parade yesterday was a great deal of fun. Abo...
- home again, home again jiggity jig
- News on the job-front: no not a job yet. But -- I...
- Abba sheli has headed back to New Orleans and I am...
- Checking in from my favourite Austin coffehouse --...