Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Many thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! :) I usually don't look forward to my birthday but this year it turned out awesome --heck, I'll take one of these everyday :)

Even more new developments have appeared on the job front and I am still pinching myself to make sure it is real. I never thought I'd be this lucky. I'm going to be half-time at Ben-Gurion this next year and then in '06 I'm going to be teaching two courses at the IDC with the possibility that either of them will turn into a full-time position during that year. I feel so blessed. And I have to thank John and Y for their wonderful advice and information!!

I started a new conversational hebrew class last night (it is hard, hard, hard) that is supposed to be based on level bet in ulpans. I was very proud that I managed to tell one of the guys in my class that my fat cat and he have the same name --Mischa :)

Speaking of the fat cat, he is showing all the signs of having bathroom difficulties again. He is hating me at the moment because I went out and bought some canned pumpkin and forced it down him. Some cats really like it (my mother's for instance) but all of mine were like, you have GOT to be kidding me. He's also been dosed 3 times today with laxatone and given no other hard food. He better get over it because I in no way want another nearly 600 dollar enema bill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home