Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Monday, May 23, 2005

Things are beginning to happen very fast now it seems. Events seem to be happening in little surges. The interview that wasn't happened today. I got up at 5 a.m. to get awake enough to converse like a sensible human being and got into the office with 10 minutes until D-time. And waited. And waited. Checked my email and found a note saying that he was unable to call out from his office phone. So then we did a bit of question and answering back and forth on email. Suddenly the phone rang and it was another professor from B.G. who is on sabbatical here in New York and he arranged to meet with me on Wednesday to do an interview by proxy. So on Wednesday I'll do it all again (getting up at 5 because this time I have to get all the way up to Columbia by 9 and dressed in something other than jeans --ah the advantages of a phone interview! :)

Last night I got confirmation that I AM LEAVING ON THE 16th of AUGUST. WOO HOOOOOOO.

Then right after I finished the email exchange this morning I zipped down and checked my mailbox at work and sitting there was a fax from the Ministry of Veterinary Services saying "Permission is hereby given to you to bring your 3 cats to Israel, accompanied by a 'W.S. Interstate and International Certificate of Health Examination for Small Animals,' signed by a USDA official or accredited veterinarian. Welcome to Israel." Happy happy dance. All I need to do now for the import permit is to call my vet and get the rabies vaccine ID numbers and email that information to the head veterinary officer.

It is not even noon yet. Hmm maybe a celebratory nap is in order, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home