Reading this just made me feel ill. Too tired to blog more about it tonight. Too late in the night to give a frustrated scream.
Sunday, May 22, 2005
- Name: Yael K
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
I am not typical. I am not your typical Aliyah candidate: I'm very secular, did not grow up in a zionist household, and have no family living in Israel. I'm not what people typically think of when they hear "Jewish": I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. I am not your typical American: I speak 2 1/2 languages, used to vote democratic (and I'm originally from the South!), and the last thing I want is a house in the suburbs.
So what am I? In many ways, I'm a little bundle of contradictions. Stubborn yet not overly-opinionated (at least on most issues). Shy and reserved when I first meet someone but outgoing and bubbly once you get to know me. Practical but also fun-loving and spontaneous (in a practical kind of way, lol).
I believe that I am a kind and caring person (hey, don't we all?). I am passionate about life and fiercely protective of those I love. And I'm crazy about my
3 5 6 cats. And the 40 or so I care for on the street.
- Eventful, eventful day!
- Phone interview Monday morning with BGU. Yes, dan...
- A smattering of life (mine)
- Packing it up
- So the taxi driver. This man is now responsible fo...
- It is 1 in the afternoon and I just woke up with t...
- the cat weighs in, heavily
- You know you are a girlie girl when you see a link...
- I had planned to write something to commemorate Yo...
- Sign the petition to rescind the AUT boycott of Is...