Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I'm getting nervous every single time I check my email now. I should be hearing something any day about the job I applied for and, if not, he said I should inquire if I hadn't heard anything in 3 weeks. It is now two and a little bit. I am both wanting to see that email sitting in my inbox and dreading it because..what if I don't get it? It could be highly likely nothing will come of it. I've been told there is a position open at B.G. in exactly my area but I'm not sure I should apply for it -- it specifies that you must be fluent and I am so not. So so very not. I can't have a conversation with a two year old much less be able to teach a course b'ivrit. Argh. I think I will apply anyway because the worst they can say is, "no and go away." But I hate rejection. Especially if I am the one being rejected.

My roommate is being so nice to me it is scary. It is amazing what threatening to put someone's belongings on the curb can do to add a little roommately sweetness to the atmosphere. This is something of a record though -- 4 weeks straight of politeness _and_ he has spontaneously started talking to me in hebrew. Ivrit out of the blue!

Tomorrow I have so much to do it makes my head hurt to think about. I'm actually going to try to get to sleep at a decent hour tonight so I can be up and at 'em bright and early. I am so not a bright and early girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home