Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Friday, May 20, 2005

Eventful, eventful day!

Can I collapse now? What a day. First thing was waking up really early (for me) at 7:30 to consume coffee before rushing Mischa to the vet. He's been yakking for days now and all last evening was hiding under my bed. Definitely vet-time. So off to the vet who ordered bloodwork and exrays and quickly determined the kitty needed an enema. Poor kitty. So I left the cat (thankfully) at the vet and rushed back home to get ready for my meeting.

Checked my email and found the letter from Ben-Gurion. Jumped up and down a good bit, even after realizing that if I were to get the job I'd be in Beer Sheva. yeeeee. How long is the commute from T.A. to B.S.? *grin* Then off to my meeting.

At 2:00 had to get my teeth cleaned. I was having just slightly more fun than the kitty --I hate getting my teeth cleaned. Then I ran next door to see if my orthodontist could quickly fix the brackets I broke on my two front teeth yesterday while noshing on a forbidden bagel. I was reminded that I missed my appointment with him last thursday (I actually thought it was for today, but oh well). And can I just say that my orthodonist is certifiable? He came out and announced to the waiting room that he was going to hit me and that it was a good thing he treated adult patients because he couldn't hit a 12 year old, just someone who looked like a 12 year old. I was highly offended on many counts. Who is this guy?! I didn't have a chance to tell him off because they couldn't fit me in in time for me to get out before my meeting at ABC --it was already 3:25 when they said they were getting the room ready and my meeting was at 3:30 and 15 blocks away. So I told them I'd come back tomorrow (at least the psycho ortho won't be there -- his father does the friday practice).

Leaped in a cab to go to ABC and arrived 20 minutes late. In a whirlwind I purchased the following:

1 JVC 21" tv (185) --I so wanted the 29 inch but it was $500!
1 Pan VCR (110)
1 Jawin DVD ( 60)
1 M Richards 29 litre mini-oven (150)
1 M Richards 2-loaf bread machine ( 85)
1 Sharp microwave oven (120)
1 AEG washer (600)
1 AEG dryer (550)
500w transformer for kitchen ( 40)
1000w transformer for printer ( 65)
_________________________________________
Total Damage: $2,065

Ran,literally RAN out and grabbed cab to pick up the cat from the vet. Called vet from cab and they said get here quick or we are locking up. Pleaded with cabbie to hurry. Called vet and promised to be there in 4 minutes. Got there in 8. Paid kitty bill: $560. Nearly screamed when I realized my cat cost more than the lovely dryer and as much as the lovely dishwasher I refused to let myself even look at (longer than 10 longing seconds). Picked up the flushed out kitty and grabbed *another* cab home.

I think I can collapse now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home