Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

the cat weighs in, heavily

Today I took the last (and the biggest) of my 3 cats in to get the rabies and booster shots required by the Israeli government. Mischa, my little monster cat, weighed in at a whopping 22 pounds! No wonder my shoulder hurts! Buffy (at 8 pounds) and Pandy (at 14 pounds) got vetted on Saturday. So one round of vet visits down, 2 more to go. I haven't heard back yet from the import-a-cat ministry about how exactly I go about getting permission for cat #3 --now known as "Fat Cat" --since the requirements state you need to make the application from within Israel. I will fax them again tomorrow and ask again for clarification. I also need to hunt down a USDA vet because they have to all see one within 7 days of departure. Someone tell me again why it is that I am cat-owned?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home