Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Rats :(

Just heard from Nefesh B'Nefesh today and found that I was not one of the people selected for receiving financial help :(. I was invited to go on one of the group flights, however, and that is good news. I just don't know which one it will be yet, because we were required to list two flight date options. If I can't get on the August 16th flight, it will mean coming in September and thus having to stay in a hotel for a week here in NY (with 3 smuggled-in cats) before the flight. I have to be out of my apartment by the end of August. So now everyone cross fingers for the August 16 flight to be available! I won't know until around May 15th which one it will be. Eeeek.

Going tomorrow in the a.m. to the Israeli Consulate to turn in all my paperwork for my visa. I'd be dancing around a bit more if the photo I'm bringing along for it didn't make me look an escaped criminal having a really bad hair day *grin*

Oh and I actually "taught" a class in Hebrew tonight at my monthly Hebrew Language meetup because I was the most advanced one there. Lol, in other words, I knew the alphabet. I looked into doing an intensive ulpan-like course here in the city for this summer but at nearly $3k there is noooooooo way. So now I'm thinking hmm, maybe I could try one of these Pimsleur audio-learning thingys. Anyone know if they are worth the CDs they are inscribed on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home