Imshin has written a must-read story entitledWhy was this night different?. It has been chosen as story of the month by Cafe Diverso. Not to be bossy but, Go read it!
Sunday, April 03, 2005
- Name: Yael K
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
I am not typical. I am not your typical Aliyah candidate: I'm very secular, did not grow up in a zionist household, and have no family living in Israel. I'm not what people typically think of when they hear "Jewish": I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. I am not your typical American: I speak 2 1/2 languages, used to vote democratic (and I'm originally from the South!), and the last thing I want is a house in the suburbs.
So what am I? In many ways, I'm a little bundle of contradictions. Stubborn yet not overly-opinionated (at least on most issues). Shy and reserved when I first meet someone but outgoing and bubbly once you get to know me. Practical but also fun-loving and spontaneous (in a practical kind of way, lol).
I believe that I am a kind and caring person (hey, don't we all?). I am passionate about life and fiercely protective of those I love. And I'm crazy about my
3 5 6 cats. And the 40 or so I care for on the street.
- Work is killing me, or rather it should be if I co...
- How I started this journey
- formidable hebrew document
- Yalla --NBN listed the dates (sorta)
- sooo glad to be home!
- Off to the great white north (west)
- Euuwww it is snowing outside and I am so not looki...
- now I know...!
- Mid-terms are over and I'm not sure how I did on m...
- Evolving identity