Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Friday, March 11, 2005

Euuwww it is snowing outside and I am so not looking forward to lugging my laundry (piles of it) down the stairs and then for two blocks to the laundromat. I've put it off for nearly two weeks and I just can't anymore. Well I could, because I have a huge stockpile of underthings, but since I am going to be in the company of my mother for a week I definitely can't. I am not looking forward to this trip. I am sooooooooo not looking forward to this trip.

The thing is nobody is looking forward to this trip. I'm sure Tofino is as beautiful as the pictures that I've seen, I'm sure there will be things I will enjoy about it (including seeing the family) but it comes at a very inconvenient time for everybody. 9 days I can't spare for sightseeing right now. Of course I'm bringing work along but you know how that goes --I don't expect to get much of it done. I also can't afford this trip. I am going to need every spare penny next year and I'm really more than slightly pissed off that I was pressured into making it to this little get-together. I feel like I have a right to bitch about having to go but now to hear that the very people who turned the pressure to high volume are bitching about having to go ...Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home