Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Whew, tough week but at last it is the weekend (although I have a lot of work to do over the weekend too!). The roommate situation is better. I gave him one week to pay up his share of the utilities and told him he should start looking for a new place to live as of April 1st. I would have said middle of March but I'll be out of town for nearly two weeks then and don't want to deal with the hassle of him moving out while I'm away and leaving the place G-d knows how. It is amazing how nice he is suddenly being. And of course he apologized and tried to say that he had never said I was stupid and gave 5 and 1/2 million excuses as to why he behaved so badly. The idiot is finally aware of what a good deal he has screwed up with his behaviour. Too bad for him, I am not changing my mind. I've got signs up around campus for a roommate. Honestly, I feel like Greta Garbo at the moment, "Ani rotza lihiyot levad!"

Tomorrow I have to try to _not_ think in bad hebrew or good english and try to get my German brainspace back because I have to fix the page-proofs for my very first article (well book chapter) written in German. Woo hoo. Given that I should have done this 3 weeks ago and the editor is screaming bloody murder for it, I guess I shouldn't be woo-hooing too much.

I also realized I have a chapter due (in english at least!) on March 1st and I haven't started on it yet, as well as a grant application deadline. Hmm, two weeks, this _could_ happen. I need a miracle but it could.

I procrastinate as you can see. Badly. Yes Michie, if you read this I know you will probably scream that I should never have agreed to do all these things in the first place. You are right. You are right. I hate it when you are right.

I think I did well on the hebrew test yesterday :). Oh yeah, and I bought a kewl little digital tape recorder on Wednesday and taped the conversation class. Now I just have to figure out how to get it onto the computer and then into ipod format so I can listen to it while running errands. Sarit Hadad is just gonna have to make way on those errands. And yeah, I know her music is like bubble gum pop but I like it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home