Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

tired and excited

I will not be too excited because I do not want to be too disappointed. BUT, I got an email today from the president of the U I sent my CV off to a couple of weeks ago and he said, "We are clearly interested in your academic expertise..." and "We may be interested in exploring the possibility of hiring a person with your knowledge on a part time bases ..starting October 2005." And he wants to meet with me in April here in NY! There were a lot of mays and possiblys in there and he noted that they haven't hired a dean yet and whoever he or she will be will be in charge of making hiring decisions. But it is a foot in the door. Hey, it is half a body in the door. And my half of a body will take a half time position in a heartbeat (half of one).

If I weren't so tired I'd be dancing around the room. Well I did a bit of dancing about earlier when I got the email. I'm not sure why I am so tired: I actually went to bed before 2 a.m. for once in my life (I was dropping yesterday too) and so got a good bit of sleep. But I've been falling down exhausted feeling since I got up. I haven't been able to do a thing today though I started a million different things. I thought about starting a million more. And I didn't do any. This is relatively typical of me, the starting a million and not finishing any, when I'm out of my ritalin --yes sob, and I can't get in to see my doctor until March 10th which is just criminal, I tell you --but not the tiredness. Off the meds I'm usually like the energizer bunny who just keeps going and going and going. And tres cranky too.

But this is crunch time with many and major deadlines looming and, when under the gun, meds or no meds I'm usually able to go into overdrive and get things done. Tomorrow and Thursday will both be days from hell, running from morning til night and so no chance of doing any of the big things on my list and no chance of just falling into bed and pulling the covers over my eyes and sleeping. This weekend I have got to get it together and rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home