Sharon in Arabic Arik gives first interview to an Arabic newspaper.
Saturday, February 19, 2005
- Name: Yael K
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
I am not typical. I am not your typical Aliyah candidate: I'm very secular, did not grow up in a zionist household, and have no family living in Israel. I'm not what people typically think of when they hear "Jewish": I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. I am not your typical American: I speak 2 1/2 languages, used to vote democratic (and I'm originally from the South!), and the last thing I want is a house in the suburbs.
So what am I? In many ways, I'm a little bundle of contradictions. Stubborn yet not overly-opinionated (at least on most issues). Shy and reserved when I first meet someone but outgoing and bubbly once you get to know me. Practical but also fun-loving and spontaneous (in a practical kind of way, lol).
I believe that I am a kind and caring person (hey, don't we all?). I am passionate about life and fiercely protective of those I love. And I'm crazy about my
3 5 6 cats. And the 40 or so I care for on the street.
- It did still get there on Friday at least (Oregon ...
- Somebody shoot me. Put me out of my misery. Th...
- Brrrr, it is freezing outside: sunny and snowing a...
- cozy kitties
- tired and excited
- the porn queen? not exactly
- Whew, tough week but at last it is the weekend (al...
- Someone please tell me it is ok to kick my roommat...
- Sarah has put up a very thoughtful and insightful ...