Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Thursday, February 17, 2005

cozy kitties

A little bright spot in my hectic day today was "my girls." I came home to find Pandy and Buffy both asleep and both *gasp* in the same room, on the same bed. I was so happily smiling to see this that I had to run and take a picture of them...but first I had to assure myself that they were indeed asleep and that one (or both) were not *dead*. Because, you see, dead seemed a much more plausible explanation than asleep. Together. Alright, not exactly together, more like on the same bed and as far away from one another as it was catly possible to get and still not fall off on the floor. Still, this is a monumental advance.

If you've ever heard that females are catty, I'm here to tell you that yes they are! and my two chatulot are the proof. Three years (3!!!) they have lived under the same roof and they still hiss and growl at one another on sight like the other one is some strange, new, intruder cat that has just invaded the sanctity of their holy temple.

Pandy, growls, hisses and chases. Buffy hisses and runs. If Buffy would ever get it through her head that Pandy has no _claws_ (tho she does have a good 10 pound advantage) life would be so much happier for my timid, fearful little one.

I got some things done today that I didn't expect to get done, go me. I'm feeling hormonally challenged and I think that explains the tiredness. I've come to the conclusion that one should never attempt to write an essay in hebrew while on the subway train to class --you write things like af pa'am when you meant af echad and don't catch it. But trust me, your teacher will. The grade wasn't too bad though, an 85. I'll take it.

One piece of bad news came my way today: grant deadline is March 1 but---I have to get my draft to my co-pleaders by Friday at 5. As in, the day after tomorrow. Help!

Good news: Was checking out the apartment prices in H near the potential U and woo hoo, I might be able to afford one of 'em in my lifetime! Especially if I can learn this trick of buying an apartment at U.S. prices while living on an Israeli salary...lol, someone clue me in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home