And continuing the day's good news, Celestial Blue may be coming to spend 5 months in Israel. (Everyone go twist her arm, err I mean give her encouragement, to go for it). Plus there is a great new group blog out that just sprouted and it is written by some of my very favourite writers and the offering is already scrumptious. (hat tip to Lisa). Now why can't every day be like this?
Thursday, February 24, 2005
- Name: Yael K
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
I am not typical. I am not your typical Aliyah candidate: I'm very secular, did not grow up in a zionist household, and have no family living in Israel. I'm not what people typically think of when they hear "Jewish": I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. I am not your typical American: I speak 2 1/2 languages, used to vote democratic (and I'm originally from the South!), and the last thing I want is a house in the suburbs.
So what am I? In many ways, I'm a little bundle of contradictions. Stubborn yet not overly-opinionated (at least on most issues). Shy and reserved when I first meet someone but outgoing and bubbly once you get to know me. Practical but also fun-loving and spontaneous (in a practical kind of way, lol).
I believe that I am a kind and caring person (hey, don't we all?). I am passionate about life and fiercely protective of those I love. And I'm crazy about my
3 5 6 cats. And the 40 or so I care for on the street.
- Some days are just good...
- Sharon in Arabic Arik gives first interview to an ...
- It did still get there on Friday at least (Oregon ...
- Somebody shoot me. Put me out of my misery. Th...
- Brrrr, it is freezing outside: sunny and snowing a...
- cozy kitties
- tired and excited
- the porn queen? not exactly
- Whew, tough week but at last it is the weekend (al...