Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Friday, February 18, 2005

10!

I was so ready to congratulate my little self when I hit class today and the first thing that happened was we got our last quizzes back and, for the first time in history, I got a perfect 10. Just call me Mary Lou Hebrew.

Then, however, she handed out the new quiz and I rapidly discovered to my horror that I had quite obviously studied (yes in the 15 frantic minutes of studying I did --add another thing to the list of things not to do on the subway, or rather only on the subway) the wrong stuff. What, you mean it wasn't all the adjectives and their opposites and those hideous hitpael verbs in the future tense? What is this? Oy, it appears to be the hideous masculine nouns that like to run around pretending to be feminine when they get together in groups (and vice versa) --only, I didn't study these so I have no clue which is which. Of course, she didn't stick any of the easy, everyday ones in there, oh no, she put in stuff like "rock," "pit" and "field." I guess the fact that I knew that they were rock and field is worth something to me personally. But worse there was also the grand boxing match: Oto vs. Al. This I also didn't study. In fact, I wasn't even there for class the day we went over this. Think I could plead momentary insanity rather than idiocy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home