Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Friday, January 21, 2005

I'm slowly working my way through the links listed on my favourite blogs and keep coming across new ones that quickly become daily "must checks" ...I can forsee a day when I do nothing but sit at the computer from morning to night checking in with fellow bloggers, lol. I came across this one today and, because it is written in both Hebrew and in English (what a great idea!!) and really interesting it took me a really long time to read it all. Well, today I had an excuse to play: Hebrew class was cancelled yet again. I actually missed not having it today. But, hey, Alisa's blog was some good reading practice and I now have a list of (yes, it is scary) 128 words that I had to look up from her blog and that are now in my "Incredibly Useful So Learn These!" notebook.

Watched the movie Kippur this afternoon (directed by Amos Gitai) and really liked it, even though it was a nail-biter that had me eating my way through two bags of popcorn. A good review of the movie can be found here and I ordered it off Netflix. Netflix has a pretty large selection of Israeli flicks, though it would be nice if they had a way to search for films by langauge and not just category or title. Many Israeli films are listed under the sub-category "middle east" under foreign films but a lot of them are not and you have to know the name of the film to find out if they have it.

I am going to bed early tonight because I was up until 4 a.m. helping my roommate try to translate a legal document from Hebrew to English. I wasn't dealing with the hebrew part at all, just trying to help him figure out the right english words to use. We worked on it for almost 6 hours, he got paid $25 dollars for it and I got --a hug. It was a nice hug. I complain about him a lot and we fight like cats and dogs (bicker bicker bicker) but in spite of that, I really like him. Lol, today I like him. We finally decided that the problem is that we are waaaaayy too much alike. I call him Achi because --he could be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home