Step-by-Step: Making Aliyah to Israel

Documenting the very personal process of making Aliyah (immigration to Israel) by one very atypical Israeli-American girl. Aliyah on 17, August, 2005. Roadmap: What do you mean there's no roadmap?! Hang on, we're in for a bumpy ride! Ole!

Friday, December 10, 2004

Tik file in

Woo hoo, yesterday I sent in the final documentation for my Aliyah application. I wanted to bring it in to the Aliyah Center myself to make absolutely sure it got where it should go but when I called my new shaliach (whom I haven't met) she was like "no, just mail it." I really liked Liat and wish that she was still my shaliach but I'm happy for her that she is having a baby. Still, I want her back. My new shaliach sounded bored, inattentive, and totally not invested. Of course, it is hard to tell just from a phone conversation.

Well, I mailed it but I sent it express mail just in case. Ayelet should get it today before noon. I checked it over about 500 times but I'm still worried that maybe I missed something. I hear it takes about a month or two for the approval to come in so now the waiting begins.

I've sent off a bunch of my CVs this week and still have some more to go.

I hate this feeling of being in limbo but I think I'm going to have to get used to it. Limbo til the tik file is approved, limbo til I actually find an apartment and move, limbo til I find a job. For a person who likes to have everything mapped out and settled this is unsettling.

But my tik file is now in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home